December 13, 2008

My plant - in memoriam

A couple of days arriving from Australia, I noticed that my plan doesn't look good - actually it had started to rotten - it definitely didn't like the extreme change of climate and returning to the winter. In spite of my tries there was no way how could i save it. So let this be a retrospective commemorative gallery. I ought to contribute somehow, cos the plant was always there - going around the half globe and back. In fact the aussie spring gave a real boost in it's growth. I doubt to have another one soon, cos it's too sad to watch it fade away. Anyway it's been one of the best gifts I've received lately and I hope that some of the guys who are going to find it under the christmas tree don't read this post :).
Here it is in my palm in late September. The first moment i had realized that those 2 small leaves there in the middle are new.

Here it's in Canberra, at the house I lived in. Surroundings is a typical Canberra suburb.

At the beach of Kioloa.

At the banks of the ocean...

In Sydney airport - the Sydney skyscrapers are in the distant background.

4 comments:

Diana Zh said...

This is one of the sweetest posts I have ever read.

Žāūčō said...

It was supposed to be called "fau's trip", but the life had other plans.

vienuolika said...

ooh, i feel touched, you really lived with this plant.. and the pictures are great :D

actually, i was also very sad when i had to take mine off the keyring; i was so used to its company. it is still alive, but i think it must suffer from the death of its twin, as it doesn't really grow.. maybe i ought to take it to some warmer region..

Žāūčō said...

Maybe mine was just livin' it up, but yours is a long-live-midget :).