September 02, 2008

Rollin'05 - gotta moves?

While cleaning up an old family's pc I ran into some curious stuff, dated back 3 years - the summer of '05, oh good old days :). It was the first and regretfully yet the last time I tried rollerskating - you know it's all fun if it's all new and unaccustomed, so I was pleased to find some pics and vids from that day.

Ok, this is one of my first moments on the skates - an attempt to stand my ground...


Run a bit up the hill...


Some impressive beginner moves...



Looks a bit like an elephant on rollerskates - and a company definitely doesn't help :)


Kind of an on-board camera, nothin' special just fun to have a look at myself as I was younger :)


And after some decent warm-up it was time for some backward action...

4 comments:

renchix said...

Lai arī izskatās varbūt kā elephant, toties neviena video iemūžināta kritiena. Pat tajā brīdī, kad kamera vienā rokā.

Žāūčō said...

Patiesībā jau nevienu reizi tajā dienā arī nenokritu - man ir īpaši skili noturēties uz kājām ;).

Anonymous said...

Wow! Quite impressive for a newb! :) Either you've tried it before with ICE skating, or you have it in genes :)

Žāūčō said...

I must admit, I had played played some ice-hockey before :). But the most irritating things were braking and short direction changes - it's much easier to do it on the ice.