June 18, 2008

Tā daļa Rīgas

Today I was too lazy and tired after my exam and even too tired to sleep, so as always, I started some unconscious surfing and ended up in feeling being touched and impressed what I found about my home city Riga, so I couldn't resist to share a bit :). So my journey started from Wikipedia (I can spend there some hours) and continued with clicking some links below...
The first stop was a gallery of Riga before WW1 - amazing - the same shapes, buildings, but without cars, very few people (funny dressed though), so neat and clean and no such thing as asphalt.



I love that tram


The Albert street - the ultimate art-niveau, looks a bit cleaner and neater. Yeah and we got electricity there :).


Such a spaciousness near the opera.


Funny sight - no monument of Freedom, but tram and monument for Tsar Peter I.


My next stop was at some trendy tool that leads you through the sights and panoramas around the Old town - nice job guys, never thought that someone in Latvia could pull themselves to waste some money on such a neat stuff.

And the last remarkable discovery was a guy (or a group) who is publishing a pic of Riga each day in a blog dedicated just for this purpose. The same city, same sights, different view and eye of a camera.

2 comments:

chivchila said...

I hardly can recognize Riga, though i have been there several times. But i like old pictures, i have some stronger feeling for them usually, maybe because they are black and white...dunno...

Žāūčō said...

Most different part is where the monument of freedom is placed right now, the others are almost the same, just with less green stuff, more people and cars. Next time when you'll be in Riga, I suggest you to visit Alberta street - the whole street of art-niveau.